Monday 30 August 2010

Cadwell Park Rounds 9&10

Yes, I appreciate its some time after the meeting but better late than never as they say! Its not a ‘full report’ as such but will hopefully give you an insight into the weekend.

As per usual we used the Friday Test Day to refresh ourselves with the rolling Lincolnshire circuit. A few minor tweaks and all was set for the weekends racing…..

The two races on Saturday were – by my own standards – very average! Although I got going OK, I just couldn’t get into my usual groove and struggled to recreate the lap times I knew I was capable of and that I was running last year. To add insult to injury, in race 2, I was passed again (if you read the Anglesey report you will understand) under yellow flags as we ran up the hill towards Charlie’s One and nothing was done about it.

The Club again decided to run three races on the Sunday as they had time in hand. The first race was a copy of the previous races and although I made up a few positions off the start I started to go backwards, finishing a frustrating 8th place.

I fitted new tyres for the second race and although slightly more cautious on the new rubber, I had learnt from Snetterton that I could push them harder than I thought. That said, I got mugged in the first two laps and was getting passed by a couple of riders that I should have been beating! So, on lap two I began to claw back some of the places, putting moves into Park, Mansfield and into the Hairpin. Not quite as fast as last years quick times but a definite improvement over my times this weekend. Just running out of laps I finished 7th.

The final race was just another frustration. My times dropped off again and I didn’t recreate the result from race two and crossed the line a disappointing 12th. On a positive note though, I was upright, in one piece and sixth in the Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment